Mount Litera Zee School is an endeavor by the Essel Group led by Shri Subhash Chandra to prepare leaders of the 21st century through its education arm, Zee Learn Limited.
- Zee Learn Limited is an innovation leader in Indian education since 1994. We introduced various firsts in the country ranging from ZeeQ, Kidzee preschools, Mount Litera Zee Schools, Mount Litera School International, BrainCafé School Programs and Zee institutes of Media Art and Creative Art.
- The aim of Mount Litera Zee Schools is to establish social spaces in the country for providing quality educational experiences to improve human capital and create quality manpower for a knowledge society.
Vision and Mission
Mount Litera Zee School will provide a complete and unique educational experience for the child, preparing him / her for a successful life in the contemporary society.
The vision of Mount Litera Zee School envisages:
- To create an excellent educational institution synthesizing the human values with the highest quality of teaching–learning using modern technology-driven tools for preparing a well-rounded personality for our society.
- To shape global minds on the Indian soil. To ensure this, the school will give every student an access to world-class infrastructure, and an innovative curriculum that promotes the all-round development of the child imbibing traditional values.
- Every child is unique: It is a well-known fact that no two thumbprints are alike. In the same way, we believe that every child is born unique. Each child has a unique brain network that shapes how she absorbs and responds to stimuli. One way of teaching does not work for every child. We need to teach the way they learn, not force them to learn the way we teach.
- Education should foster real understanding: Understanding is different from acquiring information. Mere acquisition of information relies on memory, understanding relies on conceptual clarity. Schools are not assembly lines of syllabus and exams. We help children make meaning of life and develop the muscle to lead life effectively. For this, we go beyond academics to include life skills, values and habits.
- Real understanding comes from an integrated approach: We have a vision of the child we aim to graduate and everything in our schools is designed around that vision. Building design, pedagogy, teachers, curriculum content, activities and examinations – all are integrated to achieve this vision. A school is an eco-system where different factors have an effect on the child. Teachers, curriculum, assessments, environment, infrastructure, activities all come together to nurture the unique potential of the child.